Mon, Jan 16|
Call for Artists - May Open Studios
Apply to join Visual Philosophy artists for our May Open Studios!
Time & Location
Jan 16, 12:00 AM – Feb 28, 11:59 PM
San Jose, 1065 The Alameda, San Jose, CA 95126, USA
About the Event
Are you an artist interested in participating in an open studios event, but either can't host one or don't have a studio? Visual Philosophy is happy to announce that this year we are inviting artists from the Bay Area to apply to our annual Open Studios event. With more than 30 artists in residence and our neighbor, The Alameda Artworks, across the street, this event draws plenty of interested art patrons.
Here's what you need to know:
WHEN: May 13th & 14th, 2023 from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm
WHERE: Visual Philosophy, 1065 The Alameda, San Jose CA
FEE: There is a $50, non-refundable table/booth fee, but you keep 100% of your sales.
We are a working studio with a print shop and hot shop that will be included as exhibiting spaces for this event. The types of spaces we offer include:
- A limited number of of 6' x 6' 'booth spaces'. These areas can be empty allowing for complete customization of the space with walls, shelves, tables etc. We can also provide a table if desired.
- A limited number of tables, of varying sizes, in our print shop. Some of them may include a wall of corrugated metal that art can be displayed on using magnets/magnetic clips.
- A limited number of tables in our hot shop. Only one of these include a corrugated metal wall that art can be displayed on using magnets/magnetic clips.
The locations of the accepted artists will be determined on a case by case basis and dependent on the artists' needs.
This event is different than our gift fair where we encourage price points of $40 and under. Open Studios is an opportunity to present your original artwork for collectors to purchase. Prices can range between $100 - $5000 depending on size and material. We do not have a set price requirement, however we highly encourage artists to bring their original works and offer them at full price rather than focusing their offerings on stickers, keychains, pins, low quality prints, etc. Show off your originals and get paid for them!
To apply please use this link and apply by February 28th, 2023. You will receive a response to your application the week of March 6th..
- Applications due: February 28th, 2023
- Response to applications: Week of March 6th, 2023
- A follow up email requesting information we will use for promotional purposes. You will need to provide professional quality images of your work, you, as well as links to where people can find you online, and a description of your practice.
- Promotional Material due: March 31st, 2023
- Set up and first day of event: May 13th